Art Installation Sponsorship
Start Date: Feb. 10th, 2013 End Date: Feb. 24th, 2013
The installation that has been selected for sponsorship is Imago’s “Cerebrum of Sherwood Forest”, a projection-mapped brain that will personify the cognitive center of the forest. Come find it to discover the unique show it has in store for each person – and stay tuned for updates as The Cerebrum comes to life!
This program is for the builders and artists that would like to bring something new to The Forest this year. We are now accepting applications for new art installations. One installation will be chosen to receive a grant of up to $3000 towards the project, and up to 5 credentials for the artists to build for the event.
Electric Forest will provide:
- A grant of up to $3000 towards your installation
- Credentials for a build team of up to 5 people
- Crew meals June 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th, and July 1st
- A liaison for your team in the forest
- Power hookup for your installation
- A location within the forest for your piece
- A build timeline with benchmarks and deadlines
Submissions will be accepted for review February 10th-February 24th, with a deadline for follow-up materials on March 10th.
A final project will be announced the week of March 19th.
- This submission process is private, and we will share only the concept of the final project once it has been selected and confirmed.
- This program will require you to meet many benchmarks and deadlines in your build process, months in advance of the event. The onsite commitment is from June 24th through July 1st. Please only apply if this commitment is not a problem for your team. You must provide your own transport to and from the event.
- Your art installation must be a piece created specifically for Electric Forest, that Electric Forest may elect to keep and store for use in future years, or to allow to return home with you. Regardless, this piece will remain exclusive to Electric Forest, with no presence at other events.
- The art piece may not feature fire, pyrotechnics, food or beverages, drug references, or any dangerous aspects.
- If installation is structural in nature, please budget for review by an engineer (proof of structural integrity will be required) and general liability insurance (for insurance estimate, feel free to reference https://www.theeventhelper.com/)
- Please ensure that your team will be professional and committed to meeting all requirements. Installation timeline and protocols of delivering materials to the site will need to be in strict compliance with the EFF Site Operations Department festival-wide installation timeline. Failure to comply will be cause for early dismissal, forfeiture of the opportunity to showcase the installation in the Forest, and forfeiture of the grant.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit an overview of your project via the form below. You will be contacted to move forward with your submission by submitting a complete budget, digital sketches, etc., or be asked to apply with a different idea in the future…